Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
In this episode we check out James Gunn’s “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” and discuss:
- The importance of a title sequence;
- Comparing intro & title sequences from Guardians 1 & 2;
- Wasteful FX;
- The colors of Guardians of the Galaxy 2;
- What is the theme of Guardians 2?;
- For the record, Zoe Saldana’s name was totally mispronounced, sometimes reading off the page can get a little rushed.
Wes’s additional thought: I love the use of white as we touch on in the show, and what occurred to me afterwards is how you could draw the analogy that white represents religion (as Ego is a “god, little g”) and you could say that religion represents a cancer that threatens to destroy the galaxy/humanity if we do not destroy it, though it lays at the core of our species. Religion seems to play a significant role in Guardians, even the first one had what seemed to be a religious zealot seeking to conquer the galaxy. What do y’all think?
“If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story.” – Orson Welles
This was my (Wes) very first short film as a writer/director/actor, so lower thy expectations:
This Week’s Recommendations:
The Pestle episodes are also on YouTube: